Secret sins are the most dangerous of all:
1. We often do not notice their presence
2. If we know of them, we easily rationalize them
3. If we have worked to keep them secret, we live in confidence that no one will find out and try to help us overcome them
4. Because they are secret, we have no one to protect us from them
5. They remain inside us, until like a hidden cancer in our body, they destroy our spiritual health, often terminally. They are more likely to lead us to the reprobate mind than any other sin. Arrogant, presumptuous sins are symptoms of the reprobate mind, not the cause
Cleanse me from secret faults.
13. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
14. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.
— Psalm 19:12-14
04012018 Cleanse Me from Secret Sins